Monday 3 March 2014

Closer again

Allie moved paddocks yesterday. I've moved her to an old racehorse facility 6 minutes from where I live. It's been abandoned for 6 years, but the new owners are turning it into an equestrian facility, eventually putting in indoor arenas, jump arenas, cross country course etc etc. The fencing is immaculate, each yard is a decent size with auto waterers, shade trees and a sand bottom brick shelter. 



She seems really happy there so far - got off the float calmly, looked around, barely had a trot in the yard and then settled down to graze. Good girl!! She hasn't gone off her feed yet either. I think it has something to do with the fact that I have upped her magnesium chloride significantly in the lead up to the move.



There is a racetrack with starter barriers up the back. They need to fix some of it, which they are in the process of doing. I can't wait until Allie can do gallop sets, it's going to be fun!


I'll be doing all of her care again. I'm so excited to see her twice a day every day again! I've missed her so so much. I can't wait to get close to her again.

1 comment:

OneHindResting said...

Yay! She's looking great, and her new digs look good too! :)